11 Nov Avoid the Chainsaw Hacks
While at first any tree servicing may seem simple, the truth is that the entire process is extremely complicated. With inadequate experience or technical knowledge, a simple pruning job can turn into a dangerous exercise. Simple mistakes can become hazardous for homeowners attempting “do-it-yourself” tree work. From faulty equipment, falling limbs and even absent-mindedness, mistakes can cause serious injury and damage to homeowners and surrounding property. Some of the most common accident factors include:
- Using an extension ladder: If your ladder does not reach past the limb you are attempting to prune, the limb can suddenly rise, and your ladder will then lose its support when releasing the heavy foliage. Many ladder-related injuries occur this way.
- Incorrect tools: Dull equipment is one of the leading causes of terrible gardening accidents. Blunt chainsaws or mis-using tools is the easiest manner in which an operator can lose control of the equipment.
- Lack of knowledge: Avoid hacking at your trees with a chainsaw. Often homeowners are tempted to remove large, heavy trees in one go. This is not recommended when dealing with any large limb, as any knowledgeable professional will inform you. The weight of the limb is difficult to control while cutting and when dropping, resulting in more damage to the property, the tree and yourself.
Safety is one of the cornerstones of any qualified tree care business. Only qualified arborists have the training and experience to navigate the hazardous situations that can occur during any tree removal or tree pruning activity. Including:
- Identifying diseased trees or branches with cracks and unbalanced weight
- Avoiding obstacles including property and overhead electrical wires
- Removing entire trees without causing any property damage or injuries
At Daryl’s Tree Care and Surgery we are dedicated to maintaining the highest level of safety for our clients and employees and to this end we employ only fully qualified tree arborists in Melbourne. All of our staff are knowledgeable and qualified professionals who have a range of experience and expertise in providing hazardous tree assessment, tree pruning and removal, stump removal and any tree surgery. To find out more about our full range of services, contact us today.