21 Mar Here’s why it is important to replant after you’ve had a tree removed.
It’s always sad saying goodbye to a tree, especially if it was unable to be saved. However, there is always an opportunity to grow again after a tree removal.
In fact, it is important to replant after having a tree removed for a variety of reasons.
Here’s a few reasons why it is a good idea to replant after a tree removal:
- Carbon storage: Trees are excellent for maintaining natural carbon storage, especially with issues surrounding climate change and the environment. It is always a good idea to replace your removed tree with a new smaller tree that is able to do the job of working toward creating better carbon sequestration and work toward bettering the environment.
- Increase the value of your property: Naturally a well presented and well looked after garden, with lots of greenery, trees and plants will be immediately attractive to any potential buyers and increase the value of your property.
- Create a home for wildlife: Trees provide a perfect living space for many wildlife and can also be a place where certain wildlife receive their food from. Replanting will give you the opportunity to welcome in and house wildlife who are in search of a safe habitat.
- Create shade and sound barriers: Especially in the hotter months, it is always nice to know that you have trees that can not only serve as a natural form of shade when you want to spend time outside enjoying the sunshine, but can grow tall and can act as natural sound barriers between you and your neighbours.
- Gives you an excuse to maintain your trees: Maintaining your trees will become a priority when you plant new ones after a removal. By maintaining tree care procedures like tree pruning, will ensure that your tree remains healthy, free from any potential diseases, strong against harsh weather conditions and be able to manage any type of climate.
At Daryl’s Tree Care, we pride ourselves on being Melbourne’s best arborists. We really take the time to understand the type of care each tree needs and are passionate about delivering high quality tree care services for all.
If you would like to learn more about our variety of tree care services, please contact us on: (03) 9897 4418 to speak with a member of our team today.